Saturday, August 28, 2010

SpuNK.


As I was explaining yesterday, my sister and I are very close. The best of friends. So, the idea of me leaving in exactly one week from today weighs heavily on both of us. Knowing that Rachel's first game of the season (today) would be the only one I could see all year, of course I signed up for the two hour car ride and craziness involved with every soccer outing. I love it all - the screaming fans, the parents freaking out that their darling little girls (who definitely aren't darling out on the field and who are now seniors in high school) will get hurt, the drama/politics that come with every school sport. But most of all, I love watching my sister play and being there for her. I've done it since I can remember, when we both were running around on the field thinking only of the oranges at halftime. We are partners in crime in everything we do, whether it is side by side or with one of us on the sidelines cheering the other on. Rachel is my hero and one can see from this shot how awesome she must be. She goes into life with full force, getting after that ball like it's the only thing that matters in the world. That's how I want to go into college, into this new journey. With the spirit and spunk (do you see that ponytail!?) that my little sister has. May both of our lives, together or from the sidelines, be full of that love and fun spirit we both have, especially when we're together. <3