Sunday, August 29, 2010

Double.Take.


Accidentally shot as I walked down my road today, this shot turned out differently than I expected. Double-take for sure after I uploaded it. It caught my eye not only because of the motion it captured, but the images I could pull from it. It looks as if I could be running, skipping, jumping. The road could be anything, shooting stars (yes, I am now imagining myself running on the skY!), a piece of art, a concrete floor, a blanket. This is my life right now - it's open for the taking. I am so ready to do things that make my heart do a double-take, make me push the boundaries and skip through the sky. I also picture myself running towards something in this picture, towards a new beginning and place. This photo reflects my mood and my day, the dim subdued colors of rain and grayness. I am somewhat behind other friends already busy with college, so this could also be me running towards that new future.