Thursday, August 26, 2010

Side By Side


Okay, this is not an everyday sight so I decided to cliCK it. I have these fake wooden deer in my front yard, meant to add to the scenery of our landscaping, I guess. Ever since my mom brought them home and put them on the porch, I was confused to why we needed them. For me, the endless trains of LiVE deer that pass through our yard everyday suffice, and are much more beautiful. 

But the other night as I was running through my house I glanced outside and saw this scene. And I was just stoked. The live deer among the fake ones. What could be more contradicting yet complimenting? I stealthily ran up to my room to grab my camera and sneak a picture from the upstairs windows - I didn't want to scare the real one away! (I wasn't too worried about the others) What wasn't captured in this shot though was the live deer's fawn hanging around, too. Memorable moment, for sure.